Set by the Grading Examiners
BWD X Fist Pressing/X Fist Rising Block – Twist Hands – Reverse Punch – Yoo Sin
FWD FL Hook/Side Kick Comb – RL Axe Kick – Reverse Punch
BWD Double Forearm Block – Reverse Low Block – Yoo Sin
FWD LS Back Hand Strike – Crescent Kick Hitting Palm – Side Kick Same Leg – BHS
BWD U Shape Punch (B)
FWD RL Front/Turning Kick Comb – Axe Kick Same Leg – Rev Punch – Lead Ridgehand
BWD LS Low Section Twin Punch – Sam IL
FWD Jumping Rev TK 4 times – Knife Hand Strike Assisted Backfist
BWD LS Low Outer Forearm Block – Opp Hand Armpit – Punch Opp Hand Shoulder
FWD Reverse TK/SK Comb – Front Elbow Strike – Guard with Kicking Leg Forward
BWD Reverse Inward Outer Forearm Block – Obverse Punch – Sam IL
FWD Twist Kick – X fist Pressing/Knife Hand Rising Block – Guard with KL Forward
BWD Knife Hand Rising Block – Circular Block – Obverse Punch – Choi Yong
FWD Jumping Side Kick with Step
BWD Jumping back kick 4 times – Twin Knife HandS trike WS – Choong Jang
1st Dan Pattern of Your Choice Colour Belt Pattern set by the Grading Examiners
1st Dan Pattern set by the Grading Examiners
2nd Dan Pattern set by the Grading Examiners
Choi-Yong, Sam-Il, Yoo-Sin
2 Step Sparring
1 Step Sparring
Any Hand Technique (Including Elbow)
Any Standing Foot Technique
Any Opposite Hand Technique (Including Elbow)
Any Opposite Foot Technique (Jumping Optional)
Tae Kwon-Do Theory
All Korean terminology and Tae Kwon-Do theory up to this grade
Please note: This information is for guidance only
The exact format is set at the Black Belt Grading Panel’s discretion
Warrior Stance – Moosa Sogi
Diagonal Stance – Sasun Sogi
U Shaped Punch – Digutja Jirugi
3rd to 4th Dan
- Four years training time.
- Attend Instructors Course (Parts I and II).
- Officiate at a minimum of two TAGB tournaments per year.
- Attend at least one TAGB Black Belt training session every six months.
- Attend all three pre-grading sessions immediately prior to the grading.
- Train with your instructor on a regular basis.
- Must have a current TAGB licence for the whole of the training period.
- A written application must be sent to the TAGB Committee together with your instructors recommendations via the Area Co-Ordinator.
Black Belt Licence Booklet
All Black Belts must ensure that they get their Licence Booklet stamped when attending tournaments, training sessions and courses.