Set by the Grading Examiners
BWD moves from 1st to 3rd Dan Linework
BWD Reverse Pressing Block – Se-Jong
BWD Inward Outer Forearm Block Rear Foot Stance – slip Back Foot WS Inward Palm Block
BWD Double Reverse Knife Hand Block – Tong-IL
BWD Obverse Underfist Strike – Reverse Palm Strike – Tong-IL
BWD High Reverse Knife Hand Strike Opp Hand in Front of Head – Ul-Ji
1st Dan Pattern of Your Choice
Colour Belt Pattern set by the Grading Examiners
1st Dan Pattern set by the Grading Examiners
2nd Dan Pattern set by the Grading Examiners
3rd Dan Pattern set by the Grading Examiners
Se-Jong, Tong-Il, Ul-Ji
2 Step Sparring
1 Step Sparring
Any Two Different Hand Techniques
Any Two Differennt Foot Techniques
Any Jumping Kick
Tae Kwon-Do Theory
All Korean terminology and Tae Kwon-Do theory up to this grade
Please note: This information is for guidance only
The exact format is set at the Black Belt Grading Panel’s discretion
Open Stance – Palji Sogi
Under Fist – Mit Joomuk
Angled Fingertip Thrust – Homi Sonkut Tulgi
Upward Bow Wrist Block – Ollyo Sonmok Dung Makgi
X Back Hand – Kyocha Son Dung
Overlapped Back Hand – Pogaen Son Dung
4th to 5th Dan
- Five years training time.
- Must be a TAGB Qualified Instructors and Referee.
- Officiate or compete at a minimum of two TAGB tournaments per year.
- Attend at least one TAGB Black Belt training session every six months.
- Attend all three pre-grading sessions immediately prior to the grading.
- Train with your instructor on a regular basis.
- Must have a current TAGB licence for the whole of the training period.
- A written application must be sent to the TAGB Committee together with your instructors recommendations via the Area Co-Ordinator.
Black Belt Licence Booklet
All Black Belts must ensure that they get their Licence Booklet stamped when attending tournaments, training sessions and courses.